Construction began in March 2017 on Spokane Valley Fire Department’s new Liberty Lake Fire Station #3 at 21300 E. Country Vista Drive.
The station is being relocated from 2218 N. Harvard Road to help assure that response coverage keeps pace with development and growth, while maintaining the fast response times our communities rely upon. The new location is adjacent to Country Vista Apartments and will have quick access to the future Henry Road/I-90 overpass. Construction is scheduled to be completed by December 2017.
The new 11,691 square foot station was designed by ZBA Architecture. It features three drive-through apparatus bays and enough future capacity to house two crews. A budget of $3.2 million has been set for the capital project.
The project went out to bid in mid-January. On February 27, competitive construction bids from 10 firms were opened. The contract was awarded on March 13 during the Board of Fire Commissioners meeting to low bidder Baker Construction and Development for $2.78 million. The project management firm OAC will oversee the project forward to completion.
SVFD is scheduled to vacate the current Station 3 by the end of 2017, to execute an agreement to sell the property to the Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District for $500,000.
Construction Update: Early August 2017
This project is well ahead of schedule. The new Liberty Lake Fire Station #3 should be done by early November, allowing ample time for the move from the current location to be completed by the end of the year.
- Project is ahead of schedule – once the rainy spring weather ended, the foundation was poured quickly and the project has progressed more rapidly than planned
- Project is on budget – only about $13,000 in change orders so far, due to good, tight specifications and an experienced contractor, Baker Construction
- Infrastructure – completed, including plumbing, electrical, sprinklers, utilities
- Drywall – up, taped and mudded
- Roof – installation is underway
- Bay Doors – rear doors are installed; front doors will be installed when received later this month
- Pavement – to be poured in September
Liberty Lake Station #3. Early August, 2017.